I got a $30 off coupon from Zappos and decided to look for summer sandals. Found some very expensive ones...

$255. I ordered 2 pair of the sandals, to see which size fit better. After all, this was a lot of money to spend on a pair of sandals, and I wanted to make sure I got the right size. When I returned the size that I didn't want, I only got $15 off the remaining pair.

When I called Zappos to ask if the $30 coupon could be applied to the pair I wanted to keep, they said NO. They said it was $30 off an order, and since my order had 2 sizes of the same shoe, that meant I would only get $15 off per order. Nowhere on the postcard that I got did it say this. So, I'm now going to return the 2nd pair of sandals I got.

I told the rep that I felt I had gotten a "bait and switch" coupon from Zappos and was unhappy with doing business with the company.

She apologized and did nothing further than to restate the company policy of essentially NOT honoring the $30 coupon that I got in the mail. I feel like they were not honest and I will certainly look elsewhere for shoes in the future.

Product or Service Mentioned: Zappos 30 Dollar Off Coupon.

Reason of review: misleading coupon discount.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I liked: Discovering they were a bunch of crap.

I didn't like: Misleading mailer sent to me.

Comments